With XMLMill you can:
- generate PDF documents from XML data, combined with XSL and XSLT.
- modify existing PDF documents by completing their Acrofields or stamping the pages with new information (text, images, barcodes, …).
XMLMill is 100% build in Java and uses an JAXP 1.2 or 1.3 compliant xml-parser and xsl-transformer.
XMLMill uses Apache’s
commons.logging package acting as an ultra-thin bridge between different logging implementations. This way XMLMill can be used in any environment.
XMLMill comes in 2 flavors:
XMLMill for Java runs as a:
- Java applet in your browser
- Java stand-alone application
- In batch (headless Unix supported)
- In a Java application-server (servlet)
- As a task in the Ant build tool.
XMLMill for Domino runs in a:
- Lotus Domino R5.x environment (batch only)
- Lotus Domino R6.x (or higher) environment (online and batch)
- Lotus Domino R7.x (or higher) environment (online and batch)
- Lotus Domino R8.x (or higher) environment (online and batch)
- As of version XMLMill 2.80 the content of a (RichText) field based on HTML tags can be generated into a PDF document. Consult our use-case in our use-cases document (also contained in the trial download).
High volume generation
XMLMill is suited to generate:
- large PDF documents (1000+ pages)
- large number of PDF documents (in batch)
- multi-threading ready.
XML / XSL
XMLMill is 100% build in Java and uses a JAXP (1.2 or 1.3) compliant xml-parser and xsl-transformer.
As XMLMill is based on Java, it runs on any operating system where a Java Virtual Machine exists for:
Windows (98/NT/2000/XP), Solaris (7/8 SPARC) , Linux (x86), AIX, …
Apache Tomcat 4.x, Apache Tomcat 3.x , JBoss 3.x, JBoss 2.x, Bea Weblogic 7.x , Bea Weblogic 6.x , Bea Weblogic 5.1 , IBM Websphere 5.x , IBM Websphere 4.x , Sun ONE Application Server 7 , Sun ONE Application Server 6.5 , Oracle 9i Application Server , ATG Dynamo 5.x/6.x , Macromedia JRun 4.x , Macromedia JRun 3.x , Silverstream 3.x, Caucho Resin 2.