High volume xml-xsl to PDF Generation
XMLMill 1.20 (March 21st, 2002)
- Please note that the DTD has changed in this version. You need to update your xmlmill xml / xsl files in order to
be able to use this version of XMLMill with it. Please make a back-up of all your
xml/xsl files before installing
IMPORTANT NEW FEATURES:
Enhanced Element Positioning (EEP 1.0):
- The elements (box, paragraph, table, image, ...) are now
'intelligent'. If an element notices there is a collision with
another element, it will try to position itself at the best possible
place. This greatly facilitates using xsl for generating PDFs as
not all information may be available for every PDF file (and not all
elements will be written in the PDF). Please visit our EEP
- As of now XMLMill can also be used from the command-line, giving you
the same possibilities as interactive use. It supports the POSIX style named options or the GNU long
style named options. Please visit the end-user
Separate XSL file can be defined:
- As of now a separate xsl file can be defined to be used for
generating PDF files. This has the advantage that:
- it is no longer necessary to define an xsl reference into an xml file.
- a xml file can be used with more than one xsl file.
Extended attributes for elements:
- Most elements (textbox, image, paragraph) have now more attributes.
For other changes, please look below...
- The document element is now
<documents>, this to be more consistent with the
name of PDF document.
<report> tag has become obsolete.
It has been replaced with the
<document> tag, this
to be more consistent with the Java API (
represents a document object).
<watermark> tag has become
obsolete. It has been replaced with the
background-position attributes of the
<table> tag now supports the
<line> tag is now supported.
margin-top, margin-left, margin-right and
margin-bottom attributes are added to most elements (p, box, textbox,
image, line, table).
attributes of the
<p> tag are suppressed . Please
text-align attribute of the
tag has been changed to
valign attribute is added to the
- The <newpage> tag has a new attribute:
flush. If flush is true all pending elements will be
written to the page and then a new empty page will be added. If
flush is false a new page will be added and then the pending elements will
be written to this new page.
- If a directory, where a PDF document should be
written to, does not exists, it will automatically be created.
- Refactoring of the XMLMill's class model to
incorporate support for EEP (Enhanced Element Positioning). Some methods in the API
have changed, but the number of changed methods are limited
- There is now a perfect match between the
methods of the
PDE classes and the corresponding
attributes in the xml/xsl interface.
- The methods
XMLElement in the
interface now return a
boolean value (classes that
implement this interface are also adapted).
- The method
setOutputPDFFile in the
will automatically create a directory, where a PDF document should be
written to, if this directory does not exists yet.
PDEWatermark class has been
setMarginTop, setMarginBottom and corresponding
method are added to the
XMLMILL INTERACTIVE (APPLET):
- The log file now returns the line-number and column-number
when there is a warning, error or fatal error.
- The log file now only returns the elements that
could not be transformed (and no longer all elements).
- This version uses the JS2E version 1.3.1.
Copyright © 2001 - 2012. All rights reserved. XMLMill and XMLMill logo are trademarks of Pecunia Data Systems, bvba.